Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Truth

The truth is that life is pretty great right now.  After a year of living in Utah, we're finally starting to settle in.  The business has taken off and Braden's got more work than he can do which means we've hired 4 employees.  There are certainly growing pains, but we've been blessed.

I'm finally starting to feel like I have a place in this ward and neighborhood.  I have friends, the kids have friends, and Braden has friends.  Things are a lot different here than anywhere else we've lived, but I'm getting used to it.

More than anything else, I feel like I'm finally coming into my own as a mom and as a woman.  A big part of this is probably because I'm finally out of the survival stage of motherhood.  My youngest child is 3.  She is potty trained, sleeps through the night, and gets herself dressed.  She can make her own bed, clear her own dishes, and put her own bike away.  All of this makes my life so much easier!

My life is busy, so busy.  We've got soccer for 3 kids, piano for 2, gymnastics for 2, volleyball for 1, running club for 1, Activity Days for 1, preschool for 1, playgroup for 2, etc.  The thing is, I love it. The kids are figuring out who they are, what talents they've been blessed with, and what they enjoy doing.  They're making friends and learning how to work with others.  It's so fun to watch all of this play out.

I could go on and on.  Although I certainly have  my moments, life is good, I've been blessed and have a lot to be thankful for.

3 comments:

  1. This post makes me really happy. I'm hoping I'll feel like this soon--not necessarily out of survival stage, but just kind of settled here, feeling like I am "at home" and have friends, and able to work more on becoming who I want to be. I'm so happy you are there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of you the other day. Happy that life is so good for you and your family. Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful. :) Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to hear an update about the coming and goings in your life. Miss you guys. Glad you are settling in. I'm at the beginning stage in a new town. Being the newbie is hard at times.

    ReplyDelete