we've got about a million things going on here right now, but here i sit, typing all the thoughts swimming around in my head to the 5 people who read this. oh well!
i'm on a major reading kick right now and just want to spend the day curled up with whatever my current book happens to be. last week I read the help, by kathryn stockett. it was as good as i heard it was. now i'm reading the guerensey literary and potato peel pie society. it is also as good as i heard it was. after this i've got half of a yellow sun by chimamanda adichie and water for elephants by sara gruen.
every year the k/1 teachers at bryn's school choose to end the school year by doing something special on each of the last 26 days of school. everyday the special activity or theme begins with a different letter of the alphabet. it is pure torture for me. every night we're scrambling to find whatever ridiculous thing she has to bring in or wear the next day. i hate it (and it begins tomorrow!)
since bryn and cody will both be attending the same school next year i've decided to step up my commitment to volunteer at the school. i'm going to be responsible for administering part of the school-wide reading program. what was i thinking?? every friday, macy, abby, and i will traipse to the school and count, record, count, and swap books for 2 hours. any bets on how long i last?
i saw 2 shooting stars this morning while running. (i told you this would be random!)
i'm going to have a new niece in september and am SUPER DUPER excited.
more randomness to come...
EEEEK! Thanks for being excited! And TWO shooting stars? I am so jealous; I love those! I saw the best one ever when Rob and I were engaged. That was random, but I'm leaving it.
ReplyDeleteI remember when your dad had one morning a week off, I would traipse to PCS and repair books all morning. In those days you would show up in your preppiest skirt and sweater to volunteer. So I not only had to get out of the house in one piece but look fabulous....such pressure we put on ourselves. Enjoy the journey!
ReplyDelete